Saturday, February 19, 2011

Blog update

Freshening things up around here...

We decided that the plain green header could use some livening up. So we added a lovely photo that I took from the top of the Port Hills, looking over Lyttelton Harbour on a sunny morning. Ahh, love that view. That's better than plain green, I'd say.

I've also updated the links on the side of the page. The longer we're here, the more great things we're finding. So I thought we should link you to them. Lindreth: keeping you linked.

We just discovered yesterday that Blogger keeps track of 'stats' for the blog, and we can see how many people have visited, where they've come from, and what they're reading. Yeah, that's right, we're watching you, loyal reader from Denmark. (Halløj!)

We heard this really hilarious/awesome song yesterday and I really, really wanted to upload a sound file to the blog to share it with you. So I did some research and discovered that it is possible to do this, but it just seemed too complicated. Maybe it's not complicated at all, and maybe I'm just a bit feeble-minded. But the bottom line is there will be no sound uploads at this time.

So do this: go to iTunes and spend 99 cents to download Coco Solid's 'Girl From Where?' We think it's worth at least this much to hear this kiwi woman rap, "the best rapper in the world's a girl from New Zealand." Also this line: "I told you I'm the boss, man I'm Angela and Tony." There just aren't enough Who's the Boss? references in music these days, don't you agree?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you are all safe and well...You are the first ones that I thought about and just really praying/thinking about all of you so much. Sending all of our love, support, and prayers to everyone in Christchurch and those that have friends/family down there. When you are able,let us hear from you so we will know how you are. All my love and unity~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the news today and I have followed your guys blog from my home here in lovely Phoenix, Arizona for sometime now and hope you and yours are unharmed and well. We're thinking of you all there in NZ and CHCH.

    Ken C
    email: kennethlee@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you and your family are unharmed after Tuesday's terrible earthquake. You are in our prayers as is the rest of Christchurch.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having been reading you blog with interest as we are making the move to NZ.

    Hope that you are all safe and well considering.

    Best wishes from the UK

    Mark

    ReplyDelete