Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pretty

It's going to be a long time before the cracks in our house are fixed.  We've already been looking at them for over a year, and it's likely we'll be looking at them for at least another year. 

A lot of houses have had all of their broken cladding taken off and replaced with plywood.  While plywood isn't attractive, it at least has the advantage of being uniform.  And of course it eliminates the danger of loose bricks falling on the heads of your child/dog/meter reader.  We've considered getting someone in to pull off our broken stones and plywood the house, but just haven't gotten around to it. 

So we have Oamaru stone in some places and tarps in other places.  And where there is stone, there are usually cracks.  It's not pretty.

But this weekend I did my best to make it pretty, at least at the front entrance.  We bought a bulk lot of used pots from a guy off of Trade Me.  Then we got some colourful flowers from Orderings Nursery.  And away we went.



There.  That's better.  Now rather than the house saying, "Please knock me down and put me out of my misery," it says something more like, "I'm down but not out.  See my pretty flowers?"

No comments:

Post a Comment